Serves as a Senior Engineer in the Structures Service Engineering group. Utilizes good judgement, technical expertise and practical experience, providing engineering support to Base & Line Maintenance. Designs repairs and evaluates sheet metal and composite repairs on Boeing and Airbus aircraft.
- Serves as a project engineer for assigned commodity. Possesses extensive system knowledge in responsible commodity area for large commercial aircraft in Part 121 operation. Ability to set up Programs.
- Provides prompt technical assistance to line, base and check maintenance team, on and off-hours, as needed
- Substantiates repairs in accordance with industry accepted practices and Federal Aviation Administration applicable requirements; Reviews documents including service bulletins, FARs, Airworthiness Directives, and other manufacturer issued publications
- Researches, recommends and approves modifications, repairs or part alternatives; Prepares, creates, reviews and approves engineering in accordance to company Engineering Standard Operating Procedures and processes
- Provides verification of accuracy and adherence to SOP for work done by lower level engineers
- Interfaces with equipment vendors, industry partners, MRO providers and regulatory authorities; Collaborates with Company Planning, QA, Supply, Materials and Maintenance for process improvements
- Collaborates with Maintenance Programs, Reliability groups, DL Engineering and ATS as needed to ensure operational reliability is monitored and activities to improve are implemented
- Would be able to work Days.
- Engineering or BS/MS Degree from an accredited University, with typically 3-5+ years in an Engineering capacity at airlines or equivalent industry experience. In lieu of degree, 5+ years as an aircraft mechanic on large commercial transport aircraft, with experience as a lead mechanic and/or crew chief AND 3+ years satisfactory performance in a airlines Engineering capacity
- Demonstrated proficiency in engineering process and procedures; Works effectively with little supervision and provides proactive engineering support to mechanics while adhering to safety requirements
- Involved in resolution of design and reliability improvements to aircraft systems and maintenance programs and procedures; Solid knowledge of aircraft repair schemes, Boeing and Airbus repair review processes, repair maps, major/minor process
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of aircraft maintenance and specification documents, particularly AMM, WDM, SRM, IPC
- Good knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (Parts 25, 121, etc.). Familiarity with Airworthiness Directives and Manufacturer Service Bulletins
- Proficient in common office applications, as well as AUTOCAD /Solidworks software
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and a demonstrated ability of acting as an effective change agent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize complex technical matters. Must be able to confidently and professionally represent Hawaiian to members of federal authorities and industry
- At least five years’ experience as a structures engineer in an airline environment
- Experience in large commercial aircraft composite and sheet metal repair methods
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prepare and present progress updates to senior management, conduct basic financial analysis to determine cost/benefit relationships of engineering projects, and prepare business cases