: Company with 28 years’ experience in the highway-bridge construction industry seeks a plant manager for its rebar fabrication plant. Manager to provide level of leadership for day-to-day plant activities so all production targets are met and resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Must have rebar manufacturing experience. Also be willing to relocate to the Midwest.
- Enforce our client's company policies, rules and procedures related to plant operations.Expend efforts to add or change existing policies, rules and procedures to improve profitability of operations and employee job satisfaction.
- Oversee the hiring, training, motivation and evaluation of plant employees.Schedule employee work hours and manage daily work assignments.
- Participate in establishing and achieving company goals and objectives as directed.
- Effectively and efficiently manage resources to meet budgeted costs.Identify costs specific to individual projects/jobs as directed.
- Schedule production to successfully meet customer delivery demands.Maintain inventory to support production schedule.
- Adhere to strict quality standards. Keep informed of current industry and government standards and regulations.
- Maintain equipment in good operating condition.Keep plant clean and organized.
- Expend efforts that prove commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
- Establish and maintain proficiency in operating all plant equipment.
- Communicate effectively with office staff, vendors and customers
- Eligible for employment in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- OSHA 30 Certificate
- At least five years’ experience in a rebar shop or equivalent manufacturing setting.
- At least two years’ experience managing a manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of the rebar related industry.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.Excel proficiency desirable.
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities.Organized and detail orientated.Self-motivated.Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Lifting or moving in excess of 100 pounds may be necessary.
- Perform work in an environment that may be noisy, dusty, hot, humid and/or cold.
- Salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/401K.
- Paid Holidays.
- Vacation pay.