Our Client is the nation’s largest solar equipment distributor.
They specialize in Solar PV and energy storage for residential, commercial, and utility markets. As a full service wholesale distributor of Solar, Electrical and Renewable energy products, they are committed to providing superior service and support. They have an extensive on-site inventory featuring products from the solar and electrical industry’s top manufacturers.
DESIGN/DRAFTER: They need
experienced designers and drafters to deliver design specifications for customers using AutoCAD for bid and contruction documents for building. You must enjoy meeting people and be deeply familiar with drawings, specifications, investigations and technical reports, background in solar is preferred but not required. Drafters will generally work from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but occasional extended hours and weekend hours may be necessary, especially during the 4th quarter.
Qualified candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work within a small group and are self-motivated to work alone as required. A strong partnership between drafters and our sales team is required to communicate our customers’ needs to provide the best service and experience.
- Performing structural analysis of various building elements and systems comprised of structural steel, masonry, wood, and aluminum for both gravity and lateral loading conditions.
- Be a part of the design process from schematic design through the completion of construction.
- Perform QA/QC reviews of project work performed by staff engineers, including but not limited to: drawings, specifications, investigations, and technical reports.
- Help foster new client contacts and business opportunities and maintain existing client relationships.
- Ability to coordinate with other drafters to produce AutoCAD for bid and construction documents for buildings.
- Working directly with clients to ensure client satisfaction throughout the project duration.
- Monitoring project budgets and track change orders on a case by case basis.
- Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents required
- Ability to organize and utilize large amounts of reference information both in hardcopy and electronic files required
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems required
- This role is a high visibility position requiring exemplary communication and collaborative skills with the project team, staff and clients.
- Self-motivated and technically proficient.
- The ability to contribute to projects and our approach that continually sharpen our processes.
- Preferred NABCEP and/or solar experience
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drafting: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- COMPENSATION INCLUDES ANNUAL PROFIT SHARING ON TOP OF THE BASE SALARY WHICH CAN BE SIGNIFICANT 10% TO 50% DEPENDS ON PERFORMANCE ETC