As one of America’s largest design build contractors our Client is specifically focused on electrical construction projects. What they do is important, but how they do it is what makes them different. Our Client's focuses on relationships, transparency and Results!
Engineer Level 5. A fully competent engineer with functional knowledge and experience in designing and engineering large scale solar power systems ranging from 1 to 500+ MW. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems. Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval for projects. Includes responsibilities and tasks outlined in Engineer Levels 1 – 3.
- May supervise other Engineers, Designers or CAD drafters on assigned work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform design tasks assigned by Lead or Supervising Engineers.
- Perform complete construction documents to include drawings, power system study reports, and specification documentation.
- Perform and oversee execution of designs including medium and low voltage AC, DC, grounding, and DAS wiring diagrams, electrical site plans, and equipment layouts.
- Understand, prepare, and execute all supporting calculations of the SOLAR PV field DC and AC collection electrical infra-structure design including but not limited to equipment, conductor, conduit, and OCPD sizing, voltage drop/power loss, load flow, short circuit, grounding, and thermal analysis of underground cables.
- Attend meetings with internal and external customers and provide engineering support through design and construction phases including but not limited to reviewing/approving equipment submittals, responding to RFIs, and addressing AHJ comments.
- Develop liaison and lead design coordination with internal and external teams responsible for project execution including but not limited to partnering consulting engineers, project managers, site superintendent, general foremen, and customer representatives while ensuring that design documents meet scope requirements and all applicable codes.
- Review deliverables and follow QAQC processes through design and construction phases.
- Act as technical resource to other Engineers, Designers, Estimators and Project Managers.
- Attend site visits as needed.
- Obtain professional training to maintain technical development goals and continuing education credits.
- Provide mentorship to designers.
- Perform job functions at both detailed design and preliminary proposal levels.
- Implement the Engineering department's design and CAD workflows among team.
- Interact and coordinate with our Client's inter-department staff and managers supporting their agenda.
- Coordinate with CAD Manager for project support.
- Apply complete conformance of State, NEC and NESC codes to documents.
- Provide conformance to the standards and processes outlined by the CAD Manager.
- Electrical Engineering or similar Bachelor of Science degree.
- 5-7 years working for an electrical design firm or design build electrical contractor.
- Professional Engineer's License in California (preferred, but other states may also be acceptable).
- SOLAR electrical systems background (desired).
- Thorough knowledge of the NEC and NESC as applicable to commercial and utility scale power systems design and construction.
- Expert proficiency with the following software applications:
- ETAP (or equivalent power system analysis software)
- Cymcap (desired)
- PVsyst (desired)
- Microsoft Office Applications (advanced proficiency)
- Experience as responsible-in-charge engineer-of-record (desired).
- Possess meticulous work habits including close attention to detail, superior organizational skills, ability to effectively communicate and present technical information verbally and in writing via Microsoft Office applications (mainly Excel and Word).
- Excellent time management and people skills.
Strong problem-solving skills.