Regardless of your experience level as a recent graduate or a seasoned professional, you can experience meaningful career growth collaborating with our client. Enjoy a true sense of ownership as you work with a proven industry leader on some of the most exciting and high-profile projects in the USA. They offer many job opportunities, competitive compensation, and full benefits PLUS!
No Travel Required
The Lead Engineering Design Professional is responsible for providing technical engineering information and assisting company management to ensure that the project complies with the requirements and all engineering standards, applicable codes, and specifications. This person leads overseeing engineers and designers.
● Lead a team of engineers, designers, and support staff in building state-of-the-art electrical
● Prepare or oversee work plans for engineering and production resources, including estimating
the effort required to complete the work.
● Conduct and oversee short circuit and over-current protection device coordination studies, Arc
Flash mitigation studies, and distribution analysis, including voltage drop, voltage droop, and
underground heat effect (Neher-McGrath) calculations. Visit job sites of remodeling projects to
field survey existing electrical conditions. Back-check for quality assurance of the work of
several team members under their supervision.
● Utilize engineering analysis programs and professional judgment to analyze loads, lighting
levels, and short circuit currents.
● Attending project design team meetings. Interface with various team members, particularly the
client, architect, and mechanical contractor/engineer.
● Lead internal team design progress meetings to review current project resource allocation
and fee disposition.
● Communicate with Operations to accomplish the expected deliverables and support.
Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
● Generate or oversee project specifications appropriate for the project.
● Develop a complete and accurate sequence of operations for all designed systems.
● Perform work involving the application of all conventional aspects of electrical engineering
related to the design of high-tech, health industry, commercial, industrial, and high-rise
● Review plans and review technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
● Prepare plans and specifications, establish schedules, and coordinate electrical
engineering work with the project manager.
● Documents and archives work according to the REI standards.
● Minimum 4 years experience as a Senior Engineer
● Must have a LEED AP®
● Must be registered as a US-based Professional Engineer (P.E.)
● Must understand the local building codes.
● Possesses a combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
● Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, construction, or architectural-
● Advanced knowledge of all aspects of electrical engineering, including power
distribution, lighting, grounding, energy conservation, value engineering, and applicable
codes related to designing state-of-the-art, constructible projects.
● Working knowledge in the current version of AutoCAD Building Systems and AutoCAD
2004 or later.
● Fluency with the Codes applied in the work.
● Working knowledge of the energy efficiency requirements to include the new
Title 24 requirements, LEED Requirements, and ANSI 90.1
● Possesses engineering management skills for resource allocation, workflow, work
planning, fee estimating, and independent QA/QC of their team’s work.
● Advanced management skills are required, including work planning, resource
management, fee development, staff oversight, staff development, and advancement
● Capable of supervising a design group of a maximum of 7-10 people
● Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) Oracle
● Prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary.
● Work under pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a cheerful outlook.
● Initiative-taking, initiative-taking, and an effective collaborator