Our Client is currently seeking a Building Sciences Project Manager / Industrial Hygienist
for our Seattle Office. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, a solid technical background and an excellent reputation of maintaining client relationships. The position will be responsible for management of asbestos/lead projects, microbial/mold assessment, indoor air quality assessment, and industrial hygiene projects; supervision and mentoring of field staff; preparation and review of technical proposals, cost estimates and reports; and business development.
Fantastic Benefits Health, 401k, Bonuses Paid Annually and More
The primary responsibilities for the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage industrial hygiene project’s scope, schedule, budget, staff, and subcontractors for existing public and private sector clients,
- Provide quality assurance/quality control during the preparation of technical proposals and reports,
- Supervise field work and mentor junior staff,
- Client relationship management,
- Prospect for new clients, cross-sell and assist with expanding the client base,
- Act as liaison and advocate for clients with environmental regulatory agencies, and
- Implement their health and safety policies and procedures.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- B.S degree in industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, public health or related field.
- AHERA Inspector and AHERA Design certification a MUST
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office®.
- Excellent leadership and client management skills.
- Effective technical writing, strong oral communication, presentation and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet organization and project objectives.
- Technically adept, flexible, and forward thinking.
- Exhibits ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules.
- Exhibits attention to detail, and able to work under periodic time constraints.
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in the implementation of OSHA, ACGIH, ANSI and other technical safety and health standards.
- Ability to assemble and interpret data collected during the assessment of physical, chemical, biological or ergonomic stressors.
- Willingness to travel regionally for short periods of time.
- M.S. degree, a plus.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), a plus
- Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH), a plus.
Qualified candidates will have at least 10+ years of industrial hygiene experience with 3+ years of direct responsibility managing projects, supervising field staff, providing QA/QC of deliverables, and assisting with business development. The candidates should also have specific experience in a similar role within an environmental, health and safety consulting firm identifying and implementing innovative, cost effective solutions that meet or exceed clients’ expectations.